We traveled by day...
....we traveled by night...
..... 24 hours later we reached South Carolina.
Dianna and Bryson-who just turned 2 years old.
Bryson likes "Winnnnnnie".
Winston likes Bryson too.
We got to see the Glicks a few times :-)
Here we are at chapel in the morning before we went into the prisons.
There are no cameras allowed in prison, so I can show you no pictures of the reason for the whole trip :-( We sang in 4 prison's in 4 days, it's amazing to watch God work in the hearts of all those tough men. We were blessed to get see God at work. Much prayer went into each service.
Bryson and Stewart having happy time. :-)
We stayed at a hotel with a number of other families that sing and play.
On Sat afternoon we were having a wonderful jam session in the motel lunch room with several different groups, and I guess we were making a little too much noise, so we moved out beside the pool where we could make all the noise we wanted, and just enjoyed every minute of playing with them.
Below are the Giddens, George and Becky. We had a lot of fun learning to know them. We spent some good sit down time with them getting a few tips on our playing. George is a professional fiddle and mandolin player with a group called the Dillards. The Dillards are the remnant of the group 'The Darlings' in the Andy Griffith movies. The guy that sang 'Dooley', in 'Mountain Wedding' is still with the group. Below is a video of George playing with his group. Click and enjoy.
That was a highlight, it's so encouraging to be with people that have put God first in their lives.
We were thinking of all our dear friends at home and all the snow they were dealing with.
Next to Tennessee.....
















3 comments:
Great post! I love all the pictures! Looks like you had fun. Can't wait to see the pics from Tennessee... =)
Looks fun!!!! I can't believe how big Bryson is getting!
Neat post! I enjoyed seeing all the photos! I can hardly wait to see pictures from Tennessee...because that is where we live! =)
Have a wonderful day as you serve our blessed Savior!
In Christ,
Miriam
Post a Comment